Adopt a Rescue Dog
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE STEPS TO ENSURE THAT YOUR FULL APPLICATION IS RECEIVED
- Take a moment to fill out the adoption application. We review each one carefully so we recommend you take your time filling this out.
- We will contact you for a phone interview
NOTE: Please allow us some time to review, check references, and get back to everyone!
- As a part of the adoption process, and part of vetting our adopters, we will conduct a virtual home check (due to shelter in place mandate). Our priority is to find a safe, secure, and loving forever homes.
- We will ask for you to take videos of your home (common areas, front of the house, and backyard if you have one)
- 1. Front of the home and a glance of the neighborhood 2. Common areas inside the home where the dog will be 3. A full view of backyard and the perimeter/fences.
- Please provide proof of home ownership, copy of lease, letter of permission to have a dog from your landlord or a copy of your CC&R. (You may email the documentation to us in advanced)
- Please provide a copy of valid photo ID
- TO SPEED UP YOUR ADOPTION APPLICATION PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ADOPTION APPLICATION, HOME CHECK VIDEOS, PROOF OF HOMEOWNERSHIP, AND COPY OF PHOTO ID TO YOUR EMAIL WITH SUBJECT LINE OF DOG YOU ARE INTERESTED TO AGBFRESCUETEAM@GMAIL.COM
- Schedule a meet and greet!
NOTE: We do expect adopters to drive to the foster family’s home to meet the dog.
- At this point, you should be ready to take the dog home on the same day given it is a good Everyone in the household should be present at the meet.
- If you have a resident dog(s) at home, you must bring them to the meet and greet. This requirement may only be waived under circumstances as determined by AGBFR team member. Every member in the household should be present at the meet and greet.
5. Adoption Fee and Adoption Contract must be signed and returned.
Our Adoption fee is on a sliding scale of $300 – $550 and subject to change based on age, medical needs, and breed. (All of our dogs are spayed/neutered, given age appropriate vaccination, dewormed, on flea and tick preventative and dewormed. Adoption Fee Donations are tax deductible. Please request a copy of receipt.